Friday, July 11, 2008

Dave Chappelle's Stand In at Pol Rally

So I caught word earlier this week about a rally for Kevin Powell at NY club, Eugene. After giving it some thought I decided to go only to find the line down the block when i got there, so being a true New Yorker...I left. And thank God I did, cause the real reason I wanted to go was to see Dave Chappelle perform but guess what, unsurprisingly the only black man on earth to walk away from $40,000,000 couldn't make it cause he missed two planes, lol. he should of just said 'my dog ate my plane ticket.' That would have been more believable....anyway. Those who did stick around and deal with that line were blessed with the comedic styles of NY native and journalis-cum-comedian Stephen Whitt...and there's a video (i'm not joking!)..



Note to self...skip the next Kevin Powell fundraiser too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there - sorry to hear about the event, or lack thereof

heard about this mixtape 'powell for the people' - maybe this will get K.P. back on your good side

https://download.yousendit.com/94276868339C7E2E